Power Media Ltd – SEO Wigan, Northwest
Power Media Ltd offer SEO Wigan and the Northwest and have completed SEO campaigns for many companies and have always achieved our goals. No one can offer 100% guaranteed 1st page positions on Google, not even Google can offer you that realistically but what Power Media Ltd can say that we boast a 100% success rate on all of our SEO Wigan campaigns. Check out some of our Wigan SEO Projects and test the positions we say we have achieved. Below we will give you an overview of what it takes to get you to the first page and hopefully give you a better understanding of SEO as a whole.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO Wigan – Sounds complicated, but the concept couldn’t be simpler. When Google evaluates a website, it basically wants to know where to put you in its list, if you’re SEO Consultant in Wigan it doesn’t want you to come up for Hairdressers for instance. So it needs to know a few things about your website, what is that you do, where in the world do you do it, when can you do it etc…. our SEO makes it as simple as possible to not only find your website but also to collect every bit of information it needs to give you a “ranking”.
A ranking is exactly what it sounds like, the higher “rank” you have the more likely you are to be at the top of the list under what you do. You have to remember that Google isn’t a human, it cant think in the way that Humans do (it can’t think at all in fact) it is basically a calculator running a set mathematical algorithm in order to decide who goes where. so really it all comes down to relevance, are you a SEO Consultant in Wigan? Yes, then you are relevant for the search term “SEO Wigan”. This is known as a “Key Phrase”
“Key Phrases” are just words people (or customers) would type into the Google Search Engine in order to find the services or products that they need. SEO consultants use “Key Phrases” in order to put your website in front of your potential customers. The more “Key Phrases” that you want, the bigger your website has to be, the more time and work has to go into you SEO campaign and therefore the more your campaign will cost. There are also different types of “Key Phrase” the Power Media Ltd SEO Consultants break these up geographically and by length:
- Local Key Phrases – These Key Phrases Consist of a service followed by a Geographical Area i.e. “SEO Wigan” – SEO is the service Wigan is the area. Wigan is a Local Town Hence the name Local Key Phrase
- Regional Key Phrases – Again these are similar to Local Key Phrases but the apply to regional area such as Northwest and Lancashire etc…. Power Media Ltd also Include cities in this because of the pure concentration of people and searches.
- National Key Phrases – These Key Phrases consist of just a service, no area in the wording i.e. “SEO”. Even though Google will automatically bring up the most relevant SEO companies for your area, we still class this as national. Mainly because far more people type in “SEO” than “SEO Wigan”. Also being on the first page of Google under a national Key phrase means that you will be found nationally, but you will still compete locally.
- Long Tale Key Phrases – This is a type of Key Phrase very rarely used but in some industries they are essential, for instance if you are looking for a car it is unlikely you would type “Car” in Google, Your might However type “Ford Focus 1.8TDi Zetec”. This is a long tale key phrase, with lots of words that are essential to the item you want to search. These are used when your potential customers would be very specific about what they want, usually B2B customers.
The way Power Media Ltd Use key phrases is with your onsite and offsite content.
Onsite and Offsite SEO
Onsite and Offsite SEO go hand in hand, and are both essential to reaching the ranking you need. they are exactly what the sound like, Onsite SEO is the things we would complete on your website and Offsite SEO is the things we would complete off your website. Here are some examples of each:
It is always better to have one company do both of these things for you, simply because the two sides of SEO need to synchronise, your SEO consultant needs to write a blog and then instantly know which is the best page on your website to link it to, otherwise focusing your page is meaningless.
As you may already be aware they are many search engines, Yahoo, Bing, Altavista, Ditto etc….. but Google is the top dog when it comes to search engines. Here are a few facts:
- 2,000,000 searches are performed on Google every Minute
- Google is the Worlds most visited website
- Google manages over 80% of all internet traffic, where as Bing and Yahoo only manage approximately 8% each and the rest is other search engines or direct traffic (people typing a website in the address bar)
- 90% of peoples home pages are Google
- Google takes over 200 factors into account to deliver the best results for any query in a fraction of a second
Yahoo, Bing and Google mathematical algorithms differ and in a lot of cases they conflict, meaning that if you are on the first page on Bing you are unlikely to be on the first page on Yahoo and Google. They do this on purpose, otherwise every search engine would be the same. Simply put Google will generate you more business than any other search engine and it is pointless trying to get business from elsewhere because it will negatively effect you Google positions.
To book a free SEO Consultation contact us on 01942 252 816 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.